4/25/2005

Happy Birthday Lizzie

Of course not today. It's last Friday. So we went to this so-called "best steakhouse in seattle" - El Gaucho in Belltown. It's probably also the most expensive one. But it has good service and good food.
One thing I can't get used to is that when there's a lady needs to use women's room, the waiter will come over and walk the lady to women's room. (you know what i mean? no? alright forget about it) It seems to be polite but to me very awkward coz I don't want to hold a stranger's arm to the toilet, please let me go quietly! <-- And I can even run to toilet if there's no waiter.
Another thing is, it's very dim in the restaurant. There's only one candle light on each table. I asked Eddie if they did this in order to prevent us from seeing if the steak looks good or not, and he has not clue. When Eddie was signing the bill, it was too dark and he couldn't see the detail of the bill, so he tried to get very close to the candle while I was afraid that it's gonna get burnt. The waiter came over quickly and took out a flashlight pointing at the bill to make sure Eddie can see it clearly. People, if you know it is going to be too dark to read bill and menu and you even have flashlight ready, why don't you just put three candles on one table? I believe by charging 50USD for steak you will have enough money to but few more candles.
Overall, we like that restaurant, it has a small Jazz band and piano after 8:30PM (not sure). Excellent service, very nice garlic bread, good drinks. And I still can't figure out how they cooked the asparagus.
Eddie asked me when will I want to come back to this steakhouse again? I said maybe some anniversary. Such as engagement anniversary, ha. =)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is too romantic!!!
bro in law is not the kinda of geek he looks like.
He's got "the entire package." this is for sure.

Anonymous said...

this is too romantic!!!
bro in law is not the kinda of geek he looks like.
He's got "the entire package." this is for sure.