11/30/2004

Crazy Drivers

Upon arriving at Dallas, I have tried to drive three cars already, Honda passport (SUV), Jeep Grand Cherokee, Honda Accord. i think i like Jeep most since I drove it more times than other three.

Arthur told me some things about driving in Dallas, one thing is, don't signal while changing lanes. well, in the drive test we are supposed to signal, he added, but in fact while you're driving on Texas highway, if you signal then no one will let you go to their front. and it is true!

yesterday I drove back from my brother's apt to Arthur's house, a 10 min drive including 5 miles on the highway. the highway entrances are pretty short, which means you have to accerlate in a short time and merge into the other lane, usually people won't let get in front of them easily, so it is very important to watch the mirrors and blind spots.

after driving on they highway for a while, i tried to change from inside lane to outside lane, so that i could exit the highway. HOWEVER, i thought i have some distance from the car behind me in the ouside lane, therefore i signaled and wanted to change lane. that car just suddenly speeded up and while i checked my blind spot, he was there trying to pass over me. therefore, i have to wait for him to pass so that i can change lanes.

this teach me something, first, it is really important to check mirrors and blind spots. second, arthur was right, generally speaking, many TX drivers are pretty rude.

No comments: